This is the basic recipe for authentic and delicious waffles, that you are invited to garnish with your preferred toppings.
|2 cups||white flour (all purpose)||260 g|
|2 tsp||baking powder||6 g|
|2 tbsp||sugar||24 g|
|1/8 tsp||salt||0.4 g|
|3||eggs size large|
|1 1/2 cup||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||375 mL|
|1/2 cup||butter, unsalted, melted||110 g|
Before you start
A waffle iron will be needed to cook the waffles.
Preheat the oven to its lowest temperature to keep the initial waffles warm while you are cooking some more.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks: add the whites to another bowl; add the yolks to the dry mixture, incorporating them one at a time and alternating with milk. Blend gently, then add the melted butter. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks using a mixer, then fold them into the mixture, blending gently with a spatule.
- Start the waffle iron. Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter. Close and cook following the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Remove the first waffle and continue to cook the remaing batter. Keep the waffles warm in the oven while cooking the others.
- Serve immediately with the toppings of your choice (fruits, maple sirop etc).
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid
- Source of :
- Copper, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Zinc
|Milk and Alternatives||½|
|Meat and Alternatives||½|