A tasty and healthy root vegetable soup.
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the potatoes, parsnip, carrots, and turnips. Coarsely cut all the vegetables into uniform 3 cm pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add all the vegetables and cook over medium heat for about 10 min with occasional stirring. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of Cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Pour in the warm broth and water. Cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, about 20 min.
- Purée the soup in a blender. Adjust the seasoning. Add the milk, then warm up and serve.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (370g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MelanieBauroctober 15, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
MMMMM, i used heavy cream instead of 2%, a bit more than a dash of cayenne and it's fantastic. Great for a cool fall evening like tonight :)